Saturday, October 27, 2007

Andy Martin joins Support Our Troops rally

NEWS FROM:
ANDY MARTIN
“He works for
the People of Illinois”
Republican for U. S. Senator
Suite 4406
30 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
(312) 440-4124


ATTENTION: ASSIGNMENT/DAYBOOK EDITORS

ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEWS CONFERENCE

U. S. SENATE CANDIDATE ANDY MARTIN SUPPORTS THE TROOPS IN SATURDAY LOOP RALLY

(CHICAGO)(October 27, 2007) Republican U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin will hold a sidewalk news conference Saturday, October 27th at 1:15 P.M. to announce that he strongly supports our men and women in uniform.

“The proudest day of my young life was the day I took the oath of enlistment and pledged to support and defend the U. S. Constitution,” Martin will state. “Although I did not go on active duty, I received an Honorable Discharge from the U. S. Air Force Reserve.

“When I lived in Baghdad in 2003 I had the opportunity to travel across Iraq, and to meet our men and women in uniform. They have, with very minor exceptions, performed admirably in a very difficult situation. My experiences during the Viet-Nam War, while I was in Viet-Nam, Laos and Cambodia, were the same.

“I have been an outspoken opponent of the Iraq War, and I continue to be an opponent of that folly. But I have never wavered in my support of our men and women who serve. I have no hesitation to blame the politicians for their mistakes. I have only praise and admiration for the men and women who risk their lives to preserve Iraqi freedom and our freedom. My reports from Baghdad in 2003 warned of bad policies and poor implementation.

“I also have great admiration and respect for the officers who lead the troops. General Eric Shinseki was a brave general who told the unpleasant and unpalatable truth to the Administration and to Congress. No one wanted to listen, and he was compelled to retire. Let’s be clear about the facts: the Army was against the invasion of Iraq.

“Today there is not a single American, Democrat or Republican, who does not want our men and women withdrawn at the earliest practicable point. But we cannot ‘cut and run;’ now even the leading Democratic candidates for president have admitted that reality. So let’s get together to save lives, and protect lives, and protect freedom at home and in the Middle East. America is strongest when we are united. I will not be a hyper-partisan in the Senate. I will work to bring senators together for a sound foreign policy. Following my campaign pledge to see ‘What Would Lincoln Do?’ I am reminded of his use of the classic biblical phrase ‘A house divided against itself cannot stand.’

“I have nothing but disgust and contempt for those senators who have defamed and disparaged our troops and divided us at home. They should be defeated. Period.”

Andy Martin will have his Honorable Discharge with him.

NEWS CONFERENCE DETAILS:

WHO: U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin

WHERE: Sidewalk news conference, SE Corner of Adams
& Dearborn, (Support the Troops Rally)


WHEN: Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:15 P.M.

WHAT: Andy Martin supports our men and women in uniform

MEDIA
CONTACT: (312) 440-4124

WEBSITE: AndyforUSSenator.com

E-MAIL: AndyforUSSenator@aol.com
------------------------------------------
Chicago-based Internet journalist, broadcaster and media critic Andy Martin is the Executive Editor and publisher of ContrarianCommentary.com. © Copyright by Andy Martin 2007. Martin covers regional, national and world events with forty years of personal experience. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. Columns also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com. Comments? E-mail: AndyMart20@aol.com. Media contact: (866) 706-2639. Web sites: ContrarianCommentary.com.

No comments: