Monday, November 19, 2007

Andy Martin begins "Countdown" to "Combine Candidate Demolition Day," November 29th

NEWS FROM:
ANDY MARTIN
“He works for
the People of Illinois”
Republican for U. S. Senator
Suite 4406
30 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
(312) 440-4124

PUBLIC NOTICE:

ANDY MARTIN BEGINS "COUNTDOWN" TO
"COMBINE CANDIDATE DEMOLITION DAY"

ATTENTION: DAYBOOK/ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEWS CONFERENCE: November 29, 2007

U. S. SENATE CANDIDATE ANDY MARTIN BEGINS COUNTDOWN TO "COMBINE CANDIDATE" ANDY MCKENNA/STEVE SAUERBERG "DEMOLITION DAY"

(CHICAGO)(November 19, 2007) Republican U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin announced Monday, November 19th that he has begun a 10-day "countdown" to November 29th, when he will "demolish" the "Combine Candidate" running against him. Martin will hold a Chicago news conference Thursday, November 29th at 1:00 P.M. to disclose what he believes will be sufficient evidence to make Andy McKenna and Steve Sauerberg political laughingstocks in American politics.

Each day Martin will issue a small clue to the nature of his "Combine Candidate Demolition Day" news conference.

"Thirty years ago," Martin stated Monday, November 19th, "The Chicago Tribune called me an 'absolutely brilliant campaigner,' whose 'public relations skills are masterly.' [February 25, 1978]. Sadly, since then The Tribune and I have had a difficult period of strained relations. But, I want to make it clear, because I quote the Tribune's comments regularly, that I have a reputation to live up to, and I intend to maintain that reputation as a brilliant campaigner right through February 5th and beyond.

"I have not lost any of my speed or creativity or campaign power with the years. I am at the top of my game, which is why many Republicans and media will finally decide, however reluctantly, that I am the only credible candidate to oppose Senator Dick Durbin next November.

"My latest strategy is to begin a 10-day 'countdown' to humiliating Sauerberg and McKenna, or as we call them 'McKennaberg.' There is no question that Andy McKenna and I have had past issues. I tried to move beyond our old differences and I have treated McKenna with respect, and avoided personal conflicts since he became Chairman. But it is sadly clear that Sauerberg is McKenna's stalking horse to harass me in the primary.

"There is also little doubt that on February 6th I will lead a united Republican Party on the war path against Durbin. Other than a few 'regime remnants' of the 'Combine,' who will not accept defeat on February 5th, Republicans want and Republicans will get a real fighter to be their U. S. Senate candidate.

"Tomorrow, the 20th, we will issue our first 'clue' to 'Combine Candidate Demolition Day.' There will be a clue each day. I don't know if anyone will figure out what the 'demolition' issue will be, but if anyone wants to tell me after they read the clues we will acknowledge them on the 29th.

"There is no doubt that there is a corrupt bipartisan 'Combine' in this state that has reduced the Republican Party to ridicule and rubble. We no longer have a two-party state. We have been reduced to a 1-1/2 party political process.

"I did not start my senate campaign to become the successor to U. S. Senator Peter Fitzgerald. But McKennaberg, who constantly and relentlessly play dirty tricks to defeat me, have wrapped me in Fitzgerald's mantle of reformer in the Illinois Republican Party. Fitzgerald was less of a fighter than I am. The 'Combine' forced the senator out of public office, but McKennaberg won’t keep me from running for the Senate in November, 2008.

"After all, I have the Tribune's old editorial to live up to, and I will. I know how to fight, and I will.

"Sauerberg may still be on the primary ballot. But after November 29th he will be considered a fringe candidate, and no longer be seen as a serious contender to compete for national office.

"Stay tuned tomorrow for Clue #1," Martin stated. "It's going to be a doozy."

NEWS CONFERENCE DETAILS:

WHO: U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin

WHERE: Southeast corner of Wabash and Huron Streets,
Chicago, (St. James Cathedral)(weather
permitting, or indoors)

WHEN: Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:00 P.M.

WHAT: Andy Martin "demolishes" the McKenna/Sauerberg
"senate" campaign as Martin takes on the corrupt
bipartisan "Combine" in Illinois politics

MEDIA
CONTACT: (312) 440-4124

WEBSITE: AndyforUSSenator.com

E-MAIL: AndyforUSSenator@aol.com

------------------------------------------
© Copyright by Andy Martin 2007. Chicago-based Martin holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. Comments? E-mail: AndyforUSSenator@aol.com. Media contact: (312) 440-4124. Web site: AndyforUSSenator.com.

No comments: