The hostility of ordinary Illinois Republicans to "Kirkie's" senate race is unprecedented, says U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin
ANDY MARTIN /2010
Republican for U. S. Senator
“He works for
the People of Illinois”
30 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-4723
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
KIRKIE FEARS OPPONENTS MAY DISRUPT HIS U. S. SENATE ANNOUNCEMENT, PLANS "ARMED CAMP" AT PRIVATE RESIDENCE
SENATE CANDIDATE ANDY MARTIN SAYS KIRK'S CAMPAIGN IS MIRED IN SELF- DECEPTION, CONTRADICTION AND CORRUPTION
MARTIN SAYS KIRKIE WILL DEFEAT HIMSELF IN THE PRIMARY; ANDY AIMS TO HELP THE PROCESS ALONG
"RUMORS" ABOUT KIRK'S PERSONAL LIFE SWIRL AS HE ENTERS STATEWIDE RACE
MARTIN CHARGES KIRK WITH ABUSING AMERICAN LEGION, REMINDS MEDIA KIRK VOTED AGAINST SURGE
(CHICAGO)(July 20, 2009) In over forty years of political experience, I have never seen anything quite like the Mark Kirk U. S. Senate psychodrama. Weird. Liberal "Kirkie" running in a statewide Republican primary? Creepy. What is he thinking?
Kirk apparently fears that his opponents will disrupt the announcement of his candidacy at 522 Melrose Avenue in Kenilworth today. He picked a strange place to announce, a private residence. Maybe not so strange. He is apparently using a private residence in order to control opponents who may try to "crash" his announcement. Kirk may not be very brave, but demonstrating cowardice at your own announcement is hardly a way to build confidence in his candidacy.
The Kirk campaign is a sick joke orchestrated by Washington, DC "insiders" to mock Illinois Republican primary voters. This is just a short list of the absurd aspects of Kirk's candidacy:
1. Kirk refuses to address the rumors about his personal life. He has been given an ample opportunity to do so, pre-announcement. His candidacy is a "lie" to Republican voters. The masquerade can’t last forever. If Kirk won't tell voters the truth about himself, then his opponents will be compelled to reveal the facts for him. Repeat after me: "No more Jack Ryans."
2. Kirk has no record of standing up to Barack Obama. In fact, Kirk and Rahm Emanuel are publicly disclosed best buddies. Why would any Republican vote for a candidate that has never challenged Obama and is linked to Obama's chief-of-staff?
3. Kirk has no record of fighting the Daley Machine. Why would he? He has no record of fighting corruption, either. Maybe that's because he is one of the most corrupt member of congress. Kirk's vote is always for sale to the highest bidder. He is working to throw American workers out of jobs to satisfy the demands of his campaign contributors. Great work, Kirkie.
4. Kirk is apparently scheming to misuse the American Legion. He apparently plans to stop at an American Legion post as part of his campaign announcement. American Legion posts are often rented for political events; but when they are, they are hired for that purpose, not just appropriated. The AL is a tax-exempt, non-political organization. Kirk is misusing the AL.
Maybe Kirk should "out" himself at the American Legion and explain why he voted against the surge in Iraq. Kirk likes to masquerade in a Navy uniform, but he apparently is not much of either a Navy man or an "intelligence officer." He dissed the surge. It's time for "Please ask, do tell."
Maybe Kirk wants to out himself at the American Legion and confess he was part of a disinformation campaign acting as a stooge for Donald Rumsfeld? Just what Republicans need to offer up as opposition to the lying Obama: a Republican liar like Kirk. What is Kirk thinking? Kirk is anti-military and anti-veteran.
5. Kirk is unique in that he brings along his own opposition with him into the primary. Lynn Sweet, Kirk's liberal media "lover" at the Chicago Sun-Times, says Kirk has to "repair" his voting record. Kirk's voting record against the Second Amendment, to criminalize the Internet and to support "Cap-and-Traitor" cannot be "repaired." He either voted or proposed to destroy our freedoms. www.MarkKirk.us
Kirk is one of the most liberal extremists in the U. S. House, much more liberal than many "blue dog" Democrats. And Kirk wants Republican voters to nominate him? Kirk may be smoking some of the same cannabis he is trying to criminalize.
I have never seen at the pre-announcement stage a similar level of hostility—rage really—directed at any senate candidate by members of his own party. Kirk is unique in the opposition he has created outside the 10th District. Loyal Republicans across the state are salivating at the prospect of voting against him.
Kirk can only embarrass the Illinois Republican Party.
The best reason to oppose Kirk? He is supported by the same Washington insiders and Chicago "Republicans" who line up with the Daley Machine and have lost two national elections in a row.
Tomorrow: The Kirk Divorce: Part Two "Secrets of a Marriage"
Readers of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask, say the book is still the only gold standard and practical handbook on Barack Obama's unfitness for the presidency. Buy it.
Book orders: Amazon.com or http://OrangeStatePress.com. Immediate shipment from Amazon.com or signed copies (delayed for signing) from the publisher are available.
URGENT APPEAL: The Committee of One Million to Defeat Barack Obama raises money to oppose President Barack Obama's radical agenda and also to support www.BoycottHawaii.com.
Please give generously. Our ability to fight and defeat Barack Obama's political agenda is directly dependent on the generosity of every American.
“The Committee of One Million to Defeat Barack Obama has no bundlers, no fat cats and no illegal contributions. Obama is opposed to almost everything America stands for," says Executive Director Andy Martin. "But while Obama has raised a billion dollar slush fund, his opponents lack sufficient resources. Americans can either contribute now, or pay later. If we do not succeed, Obama will."
Andy Martin is a legendary Chicago muckraker, author, Internet columnist, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. He has over forty years of broadcasting background in radio and television and is the dean of Illinois media and communications. He is currently promoting his best-selling book, Obama: The Man Behind The Mask and producing the new Internet movie “Obama: The Hawai’i years.” Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of www.ContrarianCommentary.com.
Martin comments on regional, national and world events with more than four decades of experience. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law and is a former adjunct professor of law at the City University of New York.
Andy’s columns are also posted at ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com; contrariancommentary.wordpress.com.
[NOTE: We frequently correct typographical errors and additions/subtractions on our blogs, where you can find the latest edition of this release.]
MEDIA CONTACT: (866) 706-2639 or CELL (917) 664-9329 (cell not always on)
© Copyright by Andy Martin 2009.